List Of Drawing Media
There are many types of drawing media which are used for creating drawings.All these media are different from each other and their effects are also very different. Each medium has a different technique for drawing. Some of the drawing media are given below:
- Graphite which is mostly known as lead or pencil is grayish material which can be found in various grades. Say for example, HB which is also called #2 pencils can be found in the middle of these grades. B pencils are quite soft graphite pencils and 9B pencils arevery soft.
- Charcoal offers very dark and rich blacks for creating a drawing. Charcoal is made from burnt wood. There are various types of charcoal available. Vine charcoals are usually soft materials which usually create light marks and thus it can be very conveniently erased.
- Colored pencils are sticks which are pigmented and a waxy binder holds them together.You can find color pencils in any store and they are available for different price range and quality.
- Chalk pastels are also sticks which are powdery and pigmented and a gum binder holds them together.The finished look of the drawings made from chalk pastels can appear like paintings. In fact, a lot of time they are considered as paintings.
- Oil pastels are also used for paintings. In this, the linseed oil holds the colored stick together. Usually oil painting solvents are used for thinning and spreading the color.
- Pen and Ink are also another medium for drawing. In this a pen isused to apply ink on a surface. Various colors of inks are available which can be applied by various types of pens.The common techniques used in such drawings are stippling, hatching and cross hatching.
- Markers are best used for designing work. These are used in graphic design, fashion design, illustration etc.